Sep 2018 - May 2020
1. No matter how smart you think you are, you will need the IT department at the business school to access the internet.
2. Only ever answer a lecturers question with a question.
3. Always ask for more data.
4. MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts and M&A stands for mergers and acquisitions.
5. Practical examples explain theory; a neuro surgeon giving an anecdotal explanation of Kanemans Thinking Fast and Slow over a glass of wine was enlightening.
6. From your cohort, you will quickly compile a reading list comparable to the one given to you by the faculty.
7. You will change philosophically, spiritually and mentally but the most dramatic change in week 1 will be physical given your access to delicious food and copious mandatory dinners.
8. Never underestimate anyone, the quiet person who lives in Glasgow sat opposite you could well be a rocket scientist.
9. Coming up with the answers in Analytics will always be easy (for the scientists and engineers, sit next to one if you can).
10. There are approximately 70 different ways to skin a cat (n=cats, breed of cat not indicated, conceptual analysis of the word cat is advised, not sure what sigma is in this equation – find an engineer for help).
Back to top of article